During the holidays, our skin has never been so beautiful. Resposed and tanned, we return from our days off to the top of our beauty. But what do we do when, a few days after our return, our pimples reappear, our skin peels, small spots appear and our tan disappears already? Here is the solution to these skin problems.
We tend to believe that the sun is the most effective way to get rid of our acne problems. Although the pimples disappear once exposed to the sun, they come back as fast as they left once the holidays are over. The reason ? Skin exposed to the sun thickens to protect itself from UV rays, preventing sebum from flowing normally. Once back from vacation, the skin regains its usual grain and releases the sebum stored … leaving the way open to the buttons! To avoid them, here is the care routine to follow:
- Deep clean with a mild cleansing gel morning and evening. Shiseido Waso Refreshing Gel Lotion (€ 30.50, available here ).
- Use a cleansing lotion based on salicylic acid. Vinopure de Caudalie (€ 17.50, on sale in pharmacies).
- Moisturize your skin with a non-comedogenic care (which does not clog the pores) before applying a sunscreen. So Different Hydrating Gel of Clinic (29,50 €, in perfumeries).
- Protect your skin with a sufficient index (minimum SPF 30). Idéal Soleil Anti-aging cream SPF 50 18de Vichy (18,95 €, in pharmacies).
2. Skin that peels
We protected our skin all summer long, but lack of a bowl, a small nap extended in the sun has spun us an ugly sunburn. Let it be said, an injured skin will inevitably end up peeling. To avoid looking like a moulting snake, here are the beauty gestures to adopt:
- Moisturize your skin with after-sun products based on aloe vera that has healing properties in addition to refreshing the damaged skin. After-sun fabric mask by L’Oréal (€ 3.99, in supermarkets).
- Once the sunburns disappear and the skin soothed, make a light exfoliation with fruit grains. Detox scrub carrot by Doctor Renaud (34,50 €, on sale here ).
- Tip: turn your face into a loukoum on the return plane. The air in the cabin is so dry that it dries our skin like never before. To avoid peeling once back, brush the minois with a creamy and protective cream. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (€ 42.90, available here ).