The process of waxingis undoubtedly a messy affair. The job involves hot wax dripping from the spatula and sticking to things around us. The application of wax on the skin is sometimes uneven as spreading it into a fine layer is not possible always.
We face similar issues with cold wax as the application of it in semi-solid form needs some practice. But this form of cold wax has made waxing a simple procedure. We do not need to use any spatulas or sticks to apply the wax to our skin.
Easy to use strips come with a layer of wax applied to one side. Two strips are stuck together to keep the wax from sticking to the other strips. We only need to rub the strips between our palms for a few seconds to warm up the wax on them.
In this blog, we will explain how you can use the ready-to-use wax strips with ease.
- Take the strip between your palms and rub it on both sides for 15-30 seconds. You can feel the heat from your body warm the wax on the strips.
- Hold the strips at the top and gently pull them apart to separate them into two strips.
- Place one strip with the wax side up, on a clean platform.
- Place the other strip in the area of your skin that needs to be waxed. Ensure you have cleaned your skin and patted it dry before waxing.
- Hold the skin taut at the bottom of the strip. In one movement, pull the wax strip upward, against the direction of your hair growth.
- If your hair grows in the reverse direction, you might have to pull it from top to bottom.
- It will help if you press the strip to the skin in the direction of the hair growth before pulling it out.
- If you tend to sweat a lot, you can apply a fine layer of talcum powder on your skin before waxing it. Remember not to use too much powder as it will stick to the wax and prevent it from removing the hair effectively.
- Another important point to remember is that you need to pull the strip in a single movement and have to do it fast.
- Peeling it slowly from the skin will not only cause more pain but will not remove the hair. The entire purpose of waxing goes waste if you carefully pull it away from the skin inch by inch.
- The wax strip can be used until the wax is covered with hair and is not providing any results. Fold the used wax strip before throwing it away.
- Wipe the area to remove excess wax that has stuck to the skin using baby oil or any essential oil.
Many brands sell wax strips in various sizes and shapes. We can also get them according to the sensitivity of our skin. Choose a variant that best suits your skin type.